- Top 10 Rules for Living with a Blind Dog
- What to Expect When Your Dog has Eye Removal Surgery
- What Happens When Your Dog Gets Glaucoma – FAQs
- The Best Harness for a Dog with Glaucoma
Products for Blind Dogs
- BlindSight – echo-location device for blind dogs – supposed to reduce collisions by 90% or more.
- Blind Dog Halo Vest
- Blind Dog Velcro Patches
- Best Harness for Dogs with Glaucoma
- Muffins Halo – Guide for blind dogs
- Blind Dog Toys – Kong Toys for Blind Dogs
- Tracerz – Blind pets finding paths (Note: I have purchased these and so far they seem to be working.)
- Optivizor – Eye protection for blind dogs.
- Anxiety Wrap – helps to calm anxious dogs
- Thunder Wrap – like the Anxiety Wrap only a different company
Blind Dog Stories
- See all blind dog stories here.
- Pepi and SARDs – This page is a must read if your dog has just been diagnosed with SARDs.
- SARDs Awareness – Dedicated to spreading awareness of canine SARDs.
- Living with a Blind Dog
- My Dog is Blind but Lives Life to the Full
- Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued
- Blind Devotion: Enhancing the Lives of Blind and Visually Impaired Dogs
- Blind Dog Stories: True Tales of Triumph, Humor and Heroism
- Sages Big Adventure – Living With Blindness
- Walking in Trust – Lessons Learned with my Blind Dog
Blind Dog Related Websites
- Blind & Deaf Dogs Guidebook
- Blind, Deaf and Blind & Deaf Dogs
- Blind Dog Bluff – The love and joy of living with a blind dog.
- Life with Blind Louie – This site belongs to a member of Blind Dog Support. Read along as she talks about life with her dog Louie who has glaucoma.
- Blind Pup – a new site from an owner with a blind dog
- Pets With Disabilities – Providing a positive voice for dogs and cats with disabilities that desperately need homes.
- Owners of Blind Dogs – Some fantastic information here but unfortunately it hasn’t been updated for quite a while.
- BlindDogs.net – A site that has been around for a while with lots of good tips. Not sure if it is being updated regularly.
- Blind Dog Rescue Alliance – A group of volunteers spread throughout the United States and Canada dedicated to helping blind and visually impaired dogs by: rescuing dogs in shelters, assisting blind dog owners, and educating the public about these wonderful dogs.
- Yahoo Blind Dogs Support Group – A great place to ask questions and get support from other blind dog owners.
- Lovely Loaves Inc – We partner with caregivers of specially-abled dogs to assist in rehabilitation through funding and volunteering. Through community outreach, we aid in reuniting lost pets with their owners, as well as raise awareness to promote overall happier healthier lives for our pet population.
- Blind Tails – Inspiring stories from our blind animal friends. Developed and Maintained by Veterinary Ophthalmologists