Potty training

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Codi 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Codi

Hello!
    I am at my wits end. I have had my sweet pumpkin for 4 months she is now 8 months old. We are having a lot of trouble potty training. She will go outside when taken out in the morning and typically before bed but the rest of the day is pretty unpredictable. but she seems unable to hold her her pee for more than 3 to 4 hours sometimes only 2 hours. In an effort to reduce accidents in the house we start crate training which for the most part is fine. she will not poop in her crate but every time I come home she has peed in her crate. I love this sweet girl but I am so flustered with this and I have no idea what to do. any help would be appreciated.

additional information: she did have a UTI that last a long time when I first got her (2 weeks). we also found out she was neutered WAY to young (probably 2 months old). they did find crystals in her urine with her first UTI however she was tested recently as a precaution and they did not find any. the vet has put her on special urine food in case the sample just didn’t show anything by mistake because she should be able to hold her pee longer than 2 to 4 hours.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.