my pug is 7 years old she cataracts and diabetic

Welcome To Blind Dog Support Forums Introduce Yourself my pug is 7 years old she cataracts and diabetic

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Patty 4 days, 11 hours ago.

• Author

Patty

there is a surgery that can be done but she could still go blind due to the diabetic problem or because of her age it could come back in 2 or 3 years. does anyone have any thing like this with their dog and what did you do or would you do the surgery

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Patty.

Katie is blind due to cataracts in both eyes. My vet says the surgery to remove the cataracts is very expensive and isn’t usually
    successful. A lot of times the dog will develop glaucoma after the surgery and end up having the eye removed. He strongly advises
    against the surgery.

Patty

we actually got eye drops called can-c they are for humans or animals. i have some friends who have cataracts and its helped them i have had my pug on them for 3 weeks now and they are starting to work. shes happy again and she can see some light out of the bad eye and the other eye thats 4% bad is now 3% bad.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.