Hearing loss??????

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Shannon 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Shannon

I have a 10 year old Cocker Spaniel, Abby, that has been blind for 3 years due to SARDS. In addition to be being blind, she lost her sense of smell about a year and half ago. For about a month now she seems to have lost all sense of direction. When we call for her she just walks in the opposite direction, running into things. I have used my voice, whistled, clapped my hands, stomped my feet, snapped my fingers and she just goes everywhere but towards me.

I know she can hear because she will come towards the kitchen when we open the fridge, the food cabinet, food wrappers, or when I start cooking. If we are in the house she will hear things outside and perk up or bark, so I know she can hear! We had our yearly follow up with her eye doctor about 2 weeks ago and I mentioned this to her and she says its hearing loss or she has a ear infection. Well, she has had LOTS of ear infections and is showing no signs of one lately. I have not made an appointment with her vet yet. I don’t know if there is anything he can do.

Anyone have an experience like this with their blind dog????

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.